Sunday 30 March 2014

BANGKOK II: Day 5 (Last Day) Part 2 - Street Food outside Siriraj Hospital

Dec 2013

Right out of the pier and in front of Siriraj Hospital, there is a line of street hawkers selling food. Some people may think that street food is not handled in a hygenic way and that foreigners may have stomach upset for consuming such food.I never have that happens to me and there are many locals eating at these stalls too.

I have always love street food. These roadside stalls provide a very affordable way  to savour the authentic taste of local food.  Time to fill the growling stomach!

Once again, I ate Thai chicken rice with added brown sweet sauce (THB 40).Up tilnow,I have taste a few number of chicken rice from different stalls and they all taste the same. Yet to have one that really stamd out from the others


 Been looking for Thai soy milk which is usually with melon strips and sago (THB 8). I couldnt speak Thai so the man only gave me the soy mik without any added sugar so it taste bland :(

 Roasted Pork noodle in  soup at THB 50.

 Love these vegetable spring rolls - crispy skin and juicy vegetables in the inside.

 Fried curry puffs (THB 35 for 4 small pieces). I chose the chicken filling and Thai curry puffs taste different from Malay curry puffs.



 Love these hair scrunchies (4 for THB 100)


 These are what I have bought for this trip and Bangkok is a great place for cheap shopping and yummy Thai food. I will be back again for Bangkok in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment